Saturday, August 22, 2009

Working With Plants


Good Morning: When working with my plants I have to consider methods in reproduction for increasing my supply of plants. If I clone them, I know that I will get exact copies of the parent plant. Reproducing plants by this method doesn’t get much more interesting than that. By using this method exclusively, I will be extremely limited in the number and variety of plants that I have unless I go outside of my little collection and purchase some new varieties; which is ok. Then you have the cloning process of invetro cell reproduction which leads to new plants which are exact replicas of the parent plant. Thus it is a cloning process. This is ok if you want massive amounts of plants or do it just as a hobby. If you would like more detailed information see this web-site. Plant Tissue Culture Kit

If I go to the sexual method of reproducing plants that is a whole new topic for discussion. At what point does one start with this method? Usually one just purchases seeds and try to grow new plants from seeds. That can be good or bad depending on your desired results. For certain results you may have to go clear back to the genetics of plant life and work with it. Usually it will grow out from observation of your plant results from seed that you purchase. Which carried further will go into cross pollination then observing the results from the production from your own seeds. This is a very time consuming process and requires very good record keeping and marking each plant. For the most part, I will leave that to the plant breeders; but it can be done. I am working with one plant called the Desert Rose and so far I have 4 varieties of the Desert Rose that are producing seeds. I have one plant that has over 2 dozen seed pods. The plant is so loaded that I have had to prop up some of the branches. If they are full of seeds, I may have to sell some or give some away. I just am not equipped at this time to handle hundreds of seedlings. They are all outside in my garden and will be open air pollinated, with a little bit of help from me. So far I had one pod open and I got 8 seeds from it. I have no idea how many seeds that I will get and still have no idea how viable they will be. That all takes a lot of time; however I find it interesting.

It is interesting to relate the study of genetics and the study of life and the theory of Evolution. It really makes me laugh, what they are trying to do is take God out of the equation of the origin of life. Do you know who they are going to find when they finally arrive at their conclusion? It is well established that life comes from pre-existing life. Of course their conclusion will be God. What they describe as Evolution really boils down to genetics. In his great wisdom God created the genetics of all life. That’s why there is such a great diversity. It’s all imbedded in the genes. That’s why sex was created, it was for the purpose of mixing the genetics of plants and animals. Howl you Theorists, just disprove it. It still takes a male and a female to mix the genes, unless you do some splicing, which is possible but quite unnatural. When it comes to symbiotic relationships, which came first the plants or the animals?

To the Theorists they think I’m just part of the dumb sheeple. Well just bark away, I have one over on you.

I’m going to spend some time in my garden and enjoy the day and work on the weeds a little bit; pesky things.

Between two neighbours I’m going to finally get a Mango tree established. One lady gave me 2 seedlings and they are both in pots and doing really great. The other lady has a mango tree that I plan on getting graft/cuttings and graft from that tree to my seedlings. Once you get them growing, they develop very fast here in the tropical area of Florida. I must say that the Mango is probably my favourite fruit. They are so juicy that you almost need to eat them in a bathtub. They are much better than the peach because they don’t have all that fuzz and they are much bigger. They don’t taste anything like a peach however, they have a unique flavour.

Thank you for reading my blog. Brad Vigansky

No comments:

Followers

Good Sources For Gardening Information