Saturday, October 11, 2008

More Information About My Garden

I lived in Michigan for the first 50 years of my life and have always been exposed to gardens, my own and others. The biggest problem that I had in Michigan was taking care of all the excess produce that was produced in my little back yard garden. Most of the plants were very productive in the fall of the year, September, October and November. My garden saved me a lot of money on my grocery bill.

Gardening here in Florida, for me is another story. Because of year around warm weather the bugs here are a terrible problem. I have gone from the butterfly garden to a nursery garden, a small scale process of producing several new plants for my daughters use in her landscaping business. Right now I am using the cutting method of producing the plants required and it is working pretty well. As a hobby I would like to branch into experimenting with in-vitro cell reproduction from parent stock. Just in the thinking stage at this time, however the expensive labs for in-vitro cell reproduction has moved into the kitchen and is becoming available to people that are interested in experimenting and developing their abilities in plant production and reproduction. If you are interested in this and would like more information click here on this link.

After I get set up and have experimented with their recommended plant The African Violet, I want to continue with the Plumeria Frangipani which is the Hawaiian flowers that they use to make their Leigh’s. After being successful with the Plumeria I want to experiment with the croton plant. From there who knows. With my failing eyesight I don’t know if I will be able to do what it takes to get cultures to grow.

As it is right now I have variety of about 30+ different plants that I’m working with and experimenting just to see what I can do with them. I have a total of about 450 plants all at various stages of development. I am working with primarily native plants of this area that will do well in this harsh climate. Yes I said harsh, at different times of the year is is arid, cold, hot, rainy and to the extreme. It’s a very challenging hobby but very interestin.

Brad Vigansky

Skype: bradley:vigansky
Phone: 941-343-3184
Tomorrows Home Business
Contact Us

Visit My Frugal Living Site

No comments:

Followers

Good Sources For Gardening Information