Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Butterfly Garden vs: Nursery Garden

Since my nursery garden has occupied a great deal of my time this summer, I still haven’t given up on the butterfly aspect of my garden. I still have a devoted area set aside for the butterflies. Although I did discontinue raising the milkweed plants I still have other plants that are also beneficial to the butterflies. At there is a general improvement in the appearance of my garden. By getting rid of the milkweed plants, I have successfully gotten rid of the Mexican beetle that was devouring the plants before the butterfly larvae could benefit from them.

Since my hobby of a plant nursery is somewhat stabilized, I have a little more room for more plants, but that will develop now over a slower pace. My next step is to begin working with cell culture in developing new plants. I’m not sure yet if I will start it this late in the season or not. I may wait until next spring when the weather will be more acceptable for developing this hobby.

I have some lantana plants in my butterfly area and they are somewhat of a problem. I planned on using them for base stock for cuttings, but they are a very intrusive plant with vines going all over. I haven’t quite made up my mind what I’m going to do about them. They are beautiful, but a problem. In Texas we treated them as weeds.

Brad Vigansky

Skype: bradley:vigansky
Phone: 941-343-3184
Tomorrows Home Business
Contact Us

Visit My Frugal Living Site

No comments:

Followers

Good Sources For Gardening Information